Monday, November 27, 2006

What To Do! What To DO!

I was wringing my hands and the "HOT Flashes" were coming fast and furious the past few days. I knew I was too tense.

This pending confrontation between my husband and the "dollies" in "The Dollie Storage Room" was getting to be too much for me. Something was going to explode and I hoped it wasn't going to be me.

But, I still didn't know what to do!

What should I DO?

How should I handle this?

I certainly can't chose between my "husband - my soul mate!" and my "dollies - the very essence of me!" Could I? Would they really want me to?

I knew that if I were to tell my husband about the notes and the "dollies" concerns that he would tell me, "I'm not going to spend money to provide air conditioning and heat for inanimate objects. It's bad enough that I'm paying for a house that is WAY TOO BIG just to house all 1,496 of the "dollies." Why, they're lucky they have a room of their own."

Plus, since we'd just come back from a visit to my family I was sure he'd add, "It's bad enough I have to put up with all four of my brother's-in-law unmerciful teasing about living in a "doll house." I am not going to spend my "hard-earned" money to pay for the electrical costs of heating and air conditioning "The Dollie Storage Room."

If I thought about it from a mature and sensible manner I would have to agree that he was right. They were inanimate objects after all. But, I had made them. They were part of me. I couldn't let them down. It would be like letting myself down. Wouldn't it?

I also knew that if I pushed my husband to far he would threaten to sell all the "dollies" at the next garage sale and he was usually true to his word. I, of course, would not allow that to happen which would create a HUGE rift between us. I had to act quickly.

Plus, I had finally found out what the "SPCD" was and I knew I didn't want them involved in what I considered to be "a FAMILY matter."

If you've been following all the posts on this saga of "The Dollie Storage Room" you have to be wondering what the "SPCD" is. Right?

Okay, I'll tell you. It's "The Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Dollies!" I'll bet you've never heard of it either? Have you?

Well, I knew I hadn't. After further research I decided that I didn't want them involved. We were going to have to settle this by ourselves. And, QUICKLY?

So, I devised a plan........

No comments:

Post a Comment