Sunday, June 25, 2006

"The Dollie Fashion Show" Series

As a reader of my Linda's Blog you are probably well aware that my dollies have minds of their own. Maybe that's even an understatement. They have strong wills and strong points of view.

Plus, they have a distinct advantage over me in sheer numbers. There are literally thousands of them in the "Dollie Storage Room." Yes, I know - my creative juices have gotten the better of me in the last few years. I, simply, have made way too many dolls. That's neither here nor there now. The fact is there are a lot of them. And, when they want something - well, THEY WANT IT! So demanding.

So, what is it that they want now. The dollies all got together the other night - while I was sleeping - and decided that they were going to put on a "Dollie Fashion Show." They decided that they wouldn't even ask me if that was "okay." My opinion, I guess, no longer matters. They want to do this, so they will. In a democratic household they outnumber me 1,000 to 1. Even if my vote were to count double or triple or more, they'd still far outnumber me.

Besides, when my husband was in the "Dollie Storage Room" the other day, which he rarely if ever is, they asked HIM! And, guess what he said? He said, "Why, that's a marvelous idea! You should definitely have a "Dollie Fashion Show."

So, the dollies were happy with that. They had permission. Not from me - which didn't matter. They'd at least asked one human. What more did I want? Well, I could be very unhappy with that as I know that the dollies know that I would have said no and they decided to play us against each other anyway. "Your husband said we could!!!!!!" Talk about a bunch of children or should I say "dollies." They knew better then to pull a stunt like this.

Of course, when I got my husband aside a little later I told him that we had to have a solid front with the dollies. We could not let them pit us against each other. Whether we agreed or not we still had to support the other and back each other up or there would be no living with the "dollies." He agreed and said, "I'll try to do better next time, dear! They just seemed so happy and excited about the prospect of a fashion show. I didn't want to disappoint them."

A little while later I got a message that "Doris Marie" wanted to see me. Whenever the dollies want to smooth things over with me they always sent "Doris Marie." After all, she is named after my Grandmother and, well, you paid attention to my Grandmother. So, Doris Marie came to see me. And, it seems she'd brought a list with her. Hmmmm...... What was on the list? Hmmmm????

Well, the dollies decided that since they were going to put on a fashion show (for a good cause - their own!) they needed some "Goodwill", some "PR", some "By Word Of Mouth", some "Advertising." All of this was a way of telling me that they wanted "press reviews". In other words, they wanted me to write about a few of them in a "The Dollie Fashion Show" series.

I was so tired at this point that I just agreed. Plus, Doris Marie is just so darn cute it's hard to refuse her. She knows that I can't win when it comes down to a battle of the brains debate. She always wins. She's just too darn smart. Either that, or I'm too darn old and tired.

In any event, she won the debate or, should I say, lack of debate. The dollies would get their fashion show series. They decided that they wanted the theme of the fashion show to be "A Little Of This and A Little Of That!" With that kind of theme you never know what you're going to see. Stay tuned.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment